Well finally I have managed to warp up the silk that I'd dyed and spun. It's a real sticking point to actually get on with this part of the process with me, though I actually do enjoy it once I get going. It's much better now that my back is getting regular treatment - it's amazing the physicality of warping up!
Here is the warping in progress. I had a right kerfuffle with the warp as I'd tried to short cut things early on and my tensions hadn't been kept well. But all was sorted out with a little Afro combing over the top of the loom. I'd also decided to change the weaving width as an after thought up to 20" so it's wide enough for a garment. It didn't affect any design though as there is non... just a random selection of coloured threads.
The weft is more of the hand-spun but with a leaning towards the colours over the firth rather than the hill behind, so more pale blues and soft greens.
Now I must spin more weft! I know that's a little irregular not to have finished the lot before I start weaving but I've decided that I want a more organic process, so it's all growing as it goes along :)